Model AT-25 Weather Radar Trainer utilizes an actual general aviation weather radar to provide practical training to the students. The Weather Radar Trainer is designed to provide hands-on training on a real and operational equipment approved for aircraft installation. The radar indicator, associated power supplies, and test panel is mounted on a mobile workstation. The transmitter/receiver unit fitted with antenna is provided with the necessary attachments to position the antenna at an appropriate location during system operation.
- Digital weather radar system
- Color radar system with vertical profile display of weather information
- Consisting of indicator, and receiver/transmitter
- Solid-state Four color display
- Enables user to overlay navigation and weather information simultaneously when used with a graphics unit and compatible moving map GPS or Flight Management System
- Microprocessor based antenna stabilization
- Extended Sensitivity Time Control logic automatically correlates target distance with intensity
- High-reliability design with magnetron life of 8000 hours
- Technical Reference Manuals
- Students’ Manual
- Wiring diagram
Computer Based Training (CBT):
Model AT-25 is supplied with CBT covering the relevant topics, at no additional cost.
The weather radar trainer can be interfaced with our Model IT-02 EFIS Trainer to further expand its training value and to enhance the capabilities.